But there are a number of different reasons why a developer might not want to publish their repository to HACS, for these situations you can in many cases add it to HACS as a custom repository.
Not all repositories will work in HACS, since HACS still needs the repository to have a known structure.
If you want to try and add a custom repository to HACS do the following:
- Go to any of the sections (integrations, frontend, automation).
- Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner.
- Select "Custom repositories"
- Add the URL to the repository.
- Select the correct category.
- Click the "ADD" button.
The "Custom repositories" option might be hidden while background tasks is running to stop the user to break their installation. Wait a while or/and check HACS status.