If you want to remove HACS you need to do that using the following steps.
This should only be done if you are not planing on using HACS anymore!
- Remove the configuration from
configuration.yaml(if configured with legacy (YAML)) or remove it using the trashbin icon on the integration page.
- Restart Home Assistant important
- Restart Home Assistant (yes, this needs to be done twice) important
- Delete the
- Delete all files and directories containing
- Restart Home Assistant.
When removed the wrong way. An option is to install it again. Just move hacs back to custom components and reboot. And start the remove procedure again.
If you are using HACS with OAuth, you also need to revoke the access to complete the removal.
- Navigate to https://github.com/settings/applications
- Find HACS in the list of apps, click on the 3 dots to the right of HACS
- Select "Revoke"